The KS/KSF pumps are sanitary progressive cavity pumps. Due to the design, they are self-priming and reversible pumps that can suck from a maximum height of 7 meters. These types of pumps transfer products of low and high viscosity as well as products containing particles.
They are widely used to pump edible oils, wine, concentrates and beverages in general as well as viscous food products such as jam and marmalade, pasta, pate, etc. In the cosmetics industry, these pumps are used in applications involving various cosmetic products such as soaps, gels and creams.
Friction between the rotor and the stator creates a vacuum in the inlet area promoting the entry of the product into the pump. The rotor accompanies the product along the cavities created between the rotor and the stator up to the outlet.
Design and features
• Versions: bare shaft construction with bearing support (KS) or close-coupled
• construction with direct coupling to the drive (KSF).
• Single internal mechanical seal: EN 12756 L1K.
• Standard connections: DIN 11851 .
• Open transmission (hygienic design).
• Excentric outlet.
• Painted white.
• Parts in contact with the product: AISI 316L
• Other stainless steel parts: AISI 304
• Lantern and bearing support: GG-25
• Stator: Black NBR (according to FDA 177.2600)
• Gaskets: NBR (according to FDA 177.2600)
• Mechanical seal: Cer/C/NBR
• Internal surface finish: Ra ≤ 0,8μm
• External surface finish: bright polish
• Connections: flanges, SMS, clamp, etc.
• Double pressurized mechanical seal.
• Mechanical seals SiC/C and SiC/SiC
• Gland packing.
• Stators: white EPDM (according to FDA 177.2600) and white NBR.
• Gaskets: EPDM (according to FDA 177.2600).
• Heavy-duty transmission.
• Fixed transmission.
• Stainless steel trolley.
• Electrical panel.
• Bypass pressure relief valve.
• Cleaning port (CIP).